PMI Quality Standards Policy
Each home must pass an inspection by PMI Georgia prior to being accepted for management. All homes must maintain this standard. The following is a checklist of items that are required: A member from our team will visit the home and address additional items as needed beyond the below list items.
- No major chipping or peeling paint inside or outside. All rooms need to be scuff free and one color. No missing siding.
- Range, refrigerator, dishwasher, and mounted microwave (if applicable) must be provided in unit. Appliances must be clean and in working order and secured to prevent tipping.
- The property must have an HVAC system including heat and cool and it must be in working order.
- Hot and cold running water in the kitchen and bathroom(s) is required.
- Showers and bathtubs must be in working order with no leaks or clogs.
- All toilets must be in working order with no leaks or clogs
- All drains must be in working order with no clogs
- All ground floor windows must have working locks and exterior doors must have working deadbolts.
- There may not be any missing, broken, or cracked windows.
- All security bars on windows must have a quick release mechanism.
- All sliding glass doors must have a lock or a security bar that works or be removed and the track must be in working order to allow use of the door.
- All electrical outlets must have cover plates and be in good working order.
- The roof must not leak or have missing shingles. Indications of a leak are discolorations or stains on the ceiling.
- The hot water heater tank must have a temperature pressure relief valve and be free of rust or leaks
- The floor covering cannot be torn, have holes or lifting that could be a tripping hazard.
- If there are stairs and railings on the interior or exterior, they must be tight and secure.
- Working smoke detectors are required on each level of the home and in the garage if attached to the home.
- The home must be free from pests and rodents.
- All fireplaces must be in working order and if it is a gas fireplace a key must be provided.
- All garage doors must be in working order with a mounted motor and 2 remotes
- Landscaping should be maintained including no dead trees on the property and all shrubs trimmed back from windows and entry/exits
- If there is a pool or hot tub all pumps, heaters, waterfall, lights must be in working order. A fence around the pool is required and service should be provided.
- All windows and sliding doors must have mounted blinds in working order
- If the home is in a neighborhood with an HOA all gate codes and amenity cards should be in the home for the tenants use.
- No security cameras or Ring cameras can be in the home interior rooms. If a Smart style door camera is mounted the account login and password must be provided to the tenant at move in.
- No personal items or furnishings can be left in the home or on the property including outbuildings.
- Digital keypads are not recommended for security reasons and will be changed to a standard Smart-lock brand lock and knob unless required by building or HOA
Owner completed Rehabs/Turnovers
Should an owner elect to complete a rehab, below are the PMI Georgia requirements.
- PMI Georgia strongly suggests using contractors with current workman’s compensation and general liability insurance in place
- PMI Georgia will not supervise or pay vendors for work performed.
- When owner notifies PMI Georgia that work has been complete, A field technician will be scheduled to visit the property, determine its acceptability, and take advertising pictures.
- Should work not be completed or acceptable at the time of the scheduled visit and a re-visit is necessary, there will be a trip charge of $125 charged to the portfolio account.